Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Twilight Eclipse - Jessica's graduation speech

The second best speech after Brook's speech in One Tree Hill when she campaigns for student body president.

Jessica's speech -

“When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our things were answers like astronaut, president, or in my case, princess… When we were ten, they asked us again. We answered - rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist… But now that we’ve grown up, they want a more serious answer. Well, how about this… Who the hell knows? This isn’t a time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love - a lot. Major in philosophy because there’s no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again because nothing is permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be… We won’t have to guess. We’ll know.”

Brooke Davis's speech from One Tree Hill - 213 - THE HERO DIES IN THIS ONE


I guess it’s easier to see what we want, than to look for the truth. You think you know me but you don’t. And that means you don’t know what I can do. You see me as someone who’s popular and has all the answers. That’s not true. I may not always know what I’m doing but I’ll try make things better. And when I make a mistake because face it, we all do I promise I’ll ask for your help. I can’t do this alone But if you’ll take a chance on me, we can do great things together. I promise, if you believe in me, I’ll find the courage to reach for your every dream. John F. Kennedy said the courage of life is a magnificent mixture triumph and tragedy. A man does what he must, in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures and that is the basis of all morality.

1 comment: